Wednesday, January 11, 2006

TRFX - The Latest Early Riser Investment

I purchased some shares of Traffix (TRFX) at $5.90 yesterday. Traffix is an on-line advertising firm. It's also a Prudent Speculator pick.

You say, "Why did you buy some third-string online advertiser?"

I say, "I'm glad you asked."

  • Any Prudent Speculator pick is, in my book, pre-qualified for my investment dollars due to my record with their picks.
  • Gross Margins of 50%+
  • $35M of cash and equivalents on their balance sheet (that's more than $2 per share)
  • An annual dividend of $0.32 or 5.4% (15% taxation)

I have decided to post all of my trades from this point forward to give my readership an idea of my personal finance ideas in action. I'll keep you updated on TRFX.

Note: I'm always looking for good topics to write about. Please don't hesitate to leave your personal finance questions as comments to my posts and I promise to write an article about your topic of choice.

5 Comments:

At 3:38 AM, Blogger Lmnop said...

I always wondered if it would be beneficial or not to transfer the balance of my student loans (around $30,000 at 6%) to a credit card at a rate of 2.99% until it's paid off. It seems like a no-brainer, however people tell me that the student loans are considered "better debt" than credit card when it comes to mortgage qualification. Thus, I'm hesitant even though it would save me around $900 a year in interest.

 
At 7:03 AM, Blogger Early Riser said...

Dan,

As long as you feel that you have the discipline to rapidly pay-off the credit card debt and if you are 100% sure you won't miss a payment, I'd say go ahead and do the transfer. $900/year is too significant to walk away from.

Just remember... credit cards are just looking for a reason to hike-up your rate and charge you extra fees. Also, make sure you understand if this card has a 'universal default' option. Universal default means that if you fall behind in your payments on some other debt, the CC company can up your rate or cancel your credit line.

Thanks for reading the blog.

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger Lmnop said...

Yeah, that makes sense. I'm never late with the payments, so I suppose I should stop hesitating! Thanks for answering the question.

 
At 8:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you still holding?

 
At 12:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so what do you think of trfx now ????????????????????

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.