Thursday, February 09, 2006

Index Allocation Update

As I mentioned before, I'm finally getting serious about my overall asset allocation. I've made a bunch of balancing trades over the last week and I want to start regularly reporting my portfolio's allocation and its performance. I'll show the asset class, my current allocation, my target allocation and Index Investor's allocation:


Asset ClassCurrent ER PolicyII Policy
Cash2.4%2.5%0%
Commodities9.4%10%12.5%
Domestic Equity46.2%50%52.5%
Domestic Real Estate4.9%5%0%
Emerging Equity11.9%10%10%
Equity Market Neutral9.9%5%5%
Foreign Equity5.8%5%5%
Foreign Real Estate7.4%7.5%7.5%
Timber2.1%5%7.5%


I did not include my employee stock options because I haven't decided if they fit into one of these asset class nor have I decided whether I should value them at their 'in the money" value or their underlying value.

In early March, I'll post my portfolio's performance as compared to various benchmarks including Index Investor's portfolio.

2 Comments:

At 12:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sir,

Do you have these funds in a taxable account? If not, how do you decide what goes in a taxable account or not?

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger Early Riser said...

a,

Check out thr following: http://republicanuu.blogspot.com/2005/12/asset-allocation-based-on-account-type.html

This was my post on asset allocation based on account type.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.