Friday, September 01, 2006

Time to check your credit... for free

The three big credit reporting agencies are required by law to let you see your credit report once every 12 months for no charge. You can turn this law into a free credit monitoring service by spacing-out your requests on a schedule. Since I'm married, I alternately check my wife's and my credit every two months.

This morning, I checked my Equifax report. Here's the remainder of the schedule...

11/1 - check wife's TransUnion
1/1 - check my Experian
3/1 - check wife's Equifax
5/1 - check my TransUnion
7/1 - check my wife's Experian

This schedule allows me to stay on-top of the three credit agencies and each of our credit histories. Here's the link to the free on-line service: AnnualCreditReport.com

1 Comments:

At 4:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow that is pretty quick and very reasuring!

Thanks again

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.